So, after listening to a local radio show host whine about how it doesn’t matter that public employees earn (on average) double what the private sector (on average) does, they receive much larger benefit packages and are eligible to retire and begin collecting on their pension funds at a much younger age, I have to weigh-in.
First, if the Unions would’ve come to the bargaining table these are the benefits that would have been realized, immediately:
- State’s could’ve balanced their budgets without tax increases.
- Public workers would have saved many jobs.
- The State’s social services would not have been unduly stressed with the increase of unemployment funding, food stamps and Medicaid services.
- The Federal government could have spent less of the money (they don’t have) to keep Teachers and Police Officers employed.
- The recession would have been eased and there would be less chance for a double dip recession.
Lastly, it’s primary time in Whatcom County. So,there’s no time to waste folks. Pick up your primary ballot and vote for candidates that will turn this ship around. We need elected officials who will work to heal the Nation and restore our Constitution.
My support has gone to these candidates. I believe that these are real people who will work to heal and restore our Nation, State, County and Cities:
Clint Didier, Paul Akers, John Koster, Doug Erickson, Jon Swapp, Jason Overstreet, Dusty Gulleson, Vincent Buys, Mike Newman, Tony Larson and Theresa Sygitowitz for the offices of U.S. Senators and Congress, State Senate & Legislators and County Council. To safeguard our State Constitution please vote for Justice Johnson and Justice Sanders.
Call your friends and neighbors, remind them to vote and don’t be afraid to knock on doors to spread the word. This is the most important election of our lifetime!
Yours In Truth ;-) Shelly