Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sarah Palin Addresses the Arizona, Pima County Shooting

Sarah Palin has been an enigma to me.  On first glimpse I was enthusiastically encouraged to vote in 2008.  Yes, if not for Sarah Palin’s name on the ticket, I am not certain that I would’ve exercised my right to vote that year.  Further down the road I must admit that the sprinkling of dialectic Palinism’s began to grate upon me.  Not the words themselves, but the frequency with which she uses them.  I have sporadically watched the “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” series and must admit that it’s not high drama, but I have enjoyed the few that I did.

Now out of the blue, Sarah Palin has responded to the tragedy of the massacre in Arizona’s Pima County with true grace and clarity.  Please take a moment to listen to her words and ask yourself…was the election results of 2010 about real change?  Was a large part of the 2010 election results a reaction of an electorate who want to take back their rights through individual responsibility for individual actions?  I believe that it was and if we are to push back the stranglehold that the Federal Government has placed upon the States, the States have placed upon the Counties, the Counties have placed upon the Communities, we must take those responsibilities seriously.

When a lone person, who had demonstrated through a series of unstable actions, finally breaks, the buck stops there.  If people want to assign blame, they must start with the perpetrator and end with the perpetrator.  The mental health of our public is fragile and when people have outbursts that show cause for mental health observation, as a family or friend, don’t be afraid to reach out and ask to help them or seek out for them a safer place.  Our society does not allow for the institutionalizing of others without voluntary committal or an act of crime.  So, in the end it is always the responsibility of the individual to own what they have done.  When I take an action the buck stops with me!

Yours in Truth  Winking smile  Shelly

Sarah Palin: "America's Enduring Strength" from Sarah Palin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback and comments are welcome!