Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is not only in remembrance of the feast of giving for the successful harvest of the Pilgrims and Indians, it is a moment to ponder what “we” are thankful for in our everyday lives.

This is my list of things I am most thankful for:

A healthy family

A family that each is able to pursue their dreams

A business that gives me time to spend with family and helping others

A functioning mind with which to read, learn, reason and teach

A body healthy enough to work and play

Friends who take time out for one another

Money enough to pay our bills, spoil the kids a little, and give some to charity

A home to shelter me and my family

A bed to rest my head on after a long day

The ability to go to a store and buy whatever my family needs, knowing that my money is helping others to do the same

The ability to understand the difference between “good” and “evil”

Faith that there is a supreme being looking over us all

And, the energy to get up everyday and look forward to what new challenges are out there for me and my family

There are many other things I am thankful for, but for now, I am off to spend time doing the things I am thankful for.  May you be blessed enough today to do the same and more.

YiT,  Shelly


BE023015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback and comments are welcome!